In honor of a little Spring cleaning, here a list of crazy cleaning tips that really work!
- Wash Tupperware containers with baking soda and hot water so they don’t smell like previously stored food.
- Use a lint roller to clean cloth lamp shades
- Don’t bother buying a dusting mitt- use an old sock
- To remove hardened wax from your tablecloths place a paper towel or brown paper bag over the spill spot and iron over it. The paper will absorb the melted wax and leave your iron, and your tablecloth, clean.
- Use a wet rubber dishwashing glove to wipe animal hair off of furniture.
- Foaming shaving cream is said to help remove wine stains from the carpet.
- Use white bread to dust an oil painting! It may sound weird but gently dabbing a slice over the painting will absorb dirt and grime.
- Use hydrogen peroxide on a q-tip to disinfect a keyboard
- Rubbing alcohol helps remove permanent marker from wood or countertops.
- Vegetable oil can shine up leather shoes.
- Grab a hotel shower cap to wrap your dirty shoes before packing them into a suitcase.
- Use a hair iron to press the hard-to-reach parts of a shirt, such as in between buttons
- Rubbing a lemon, cut in half, helps remove stains from a cutting board.
- Bobby pins can hold together pleats while ironing
- Use a turkey baster to change the water in a vase of flowers.
And finally, our favorite winter cleaning tip:
16. Apply a lot of cooking spray to a snow shovel- the snow will slide off and not build up on the shovel!