When choosing a real estate agent to help you sell your home, it’s important to find one with proven expertise in selling properties in your area for at or above market value. A lot of factors contribute to an agent’s ability to get you top dollar for your home, and you want to make sure they’re aggressive, committed and savvy. Here are ten important questions you should ask when interviewing listing agents (keep in mind that all agents you’re considering should come see your property before you decide to work with them):
- How long have you been a licensed Realtor?
- How long have you been working in this market?
- How many homes have you sold in the last 6 months?
- How many of these homes sold for list price?
- Do you have any client testimonials?
- Are there any improvements or repairs that you would recommend for my property?
- What are the most marketable characteristics of the neighborhood where my home is located?
- How are your marketing strategies different or more effective than other agents?
- How, specifically, do you plan to market my home?
- What particular features of my home do you think will be most appealing to buyers, and how do you plan to highlight them?
When shopping for a real estate agent, it’s definitely not a one size fits all scenario. An agent who has great experience selling colonials in the suburbs might not be the best fit if you’re listing your condo in the city, so it’s perfectly appropriate, and necessary, to keep asking questions until you are confident you’ve found the right person for the job.
For more information on finding the best agent for the sale of your home, feel free to reach out to our experts at The Charles Realty at 617-236-0353. Of course, we’d love to be considered as your listing agent, but we’ll also refer you to another agency if we think they have more experience selling your type of home.