Having a porch in Boston is definitely something to be proud of. The extra versatile space has the potential to be used for anything from a barbecue haven to a private garden oasis. Here are some tips to make the most of your porch this summer!
- Adding a rug is a quick and easy way to tie together the outdoor décor. Bring the coziness from indoors to every aspect of your home.
- Take advantage of yard sale season. Whether you’re out in the suburbs or thrift shopping in Central Square, there are plenty of secondhand hidden treasures perfect for both your porch and your wallet.
- Use fabric made for the outdoors. Find durable fabrics for your furniture that will withstand anything the summer will throw at it, from grass stains to sangria.
- Make your own curtains. Recycle your old favorite blankets, fabrics, or even that impulse buy you know you won’t ever wear to create a curtain set unlike any other. Your custom curtains are the perfect way to add extra protection and privacy, while holding together your color pattern.
- Coordinate a color scheme. Test out fun popular colors that are “in” this summer including sunshine yellow, refreshing lime, nautical navy, and sky blue. Incorporate your color theme of choice throughout all of your porch décor.
- Mix and match furniture. Spice up your entertainment space with a variation of love seats, whicker chairs, and benches galore. These conversation pieces will ease your hosting needs.
- DIY Flower Pots. Just moving in to your home? Reuse all of those paint buckets as the ideal potters for your plants. You can find a paper or fabric pattern of your choice to wrap around the paint bucket to create your custom plant potters.
- Let the games begin! Simply find your board game of choice and attach the board to the top of a stool. Your new unique table piece is ready for your next game night.